from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling gauze in thinness or transparency. See Synonyms at airy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the qualities of gauze; light, thin, transparent, hazy
- adj. figuratively light, giving the effect of haze
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, gauze; thin and slight as gauze.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like gauze; thin as gauze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so thin as to transmit light
Sorry, no etymologies found.