from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with fuzz.
- adj. Of or resembling fuzz.
- adj. Not clear; indistinct: a fuzzy recollection of past events.
- adj. Not coherent; confused: a fuzzy plan of action.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with fuzz or a large number of tiny loose fibres like a carpet or many stuffed animals. Mentioned in the popular nursery rhyme Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear.
- adj. Vague or imprecise.
- adj. Not clear; unfocused.
- n. an individual flake of fuzzies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not firmly woven; that ravels.
- adj. Furnished with fuzz; having fuzz; like fuzz.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Covered with fuzz; liable to give off fuzz: as, a fuzzy caterpillar.
- Like fuzz or down; fluffy: as, a fuzzy nap; a fuzzy fringe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. confused and not coherent; not clearly thought out
- adj. covering with fine light hairs
- adj. indistinct or hazy in outline
Perhaps from Low German fussig, spongy; see pū̆- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From fuzz + -y. (Wiktionary)