from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with fuzz.
- adj. Of or resembling fuzz.
- adj. Not clear; indistinct: a fuzzy recollection of past events.
- adj. Not coherent; confused: a fuzzy plan of action.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with fuzz or a large number of tiny loose fibres like a carpet or many stuffed animals. Mentioned in the popular nursery rhyme Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear.
- adj. Vague or imprecise.
- adj. Not clear; unfocused.
- n. an individual flake of fuzzies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not firmly woven; that ravels.
- adj. Furnished with fuzz; having fuzz; like fuzz.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Covered with fuzz; liable to give off fuzz: as, a fuzzy caterpillar.
- Like fuzz or down; fluffy: as, a fuzzy nap; a fuzzy fringe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. confused and not coherent; not clearly thought out
- adj. covering with fine light hairs
- adj. indistinct or hazy in outline
My recipe for a defence review would be to adopt a much more 'fuzzy' approach (after the term fuzzy logic).
The changes are being driven by students 'lagging performance on international tests and mathematicians' warnings that more than a decade of so-called reform math — critics call it fuzzy math — has crippled students with its de-emphasizing of basic drills and memorization in favor of allowing children to find their own ways to solve problems.
This also enables what you call fuzzy, but my guess it's just an evolutionarily approach to handle new or defect brain regions / layers.
The Lancet, the critics pounced, again honing in on what they called fuzzy math.
There are Grizzly bears in both places too, and I'm happy to carry extra horsepower when ol 'fuzzy is around.
There are lots of important things in fuzzy territory, hard to assign to one regiime.
He said: I was still a bit fuzzy from the surgery but reached for my glasses and put them on and I couldn't see a thing.
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: smitty needs to join fuzzy nuts at the bar.
RantingTommy says: fuzzy is just jealous because no one will be his friend
A little later, warm and fuzzy from a 9.5% proof Trappist beer, I had to rein myself in again.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.