from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or covered with shaggy hair.
- adj. Unkempt; clothed in rags; ragged.
- adj. Of garments and fabrics: having a rough or long nap.
- adj. Covered with scrub, trees, or rough or shaggy growth.
- adj. Jagged; having a rough, uneven surface.
- adj. Of hair: long; rough; shaggy.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of shag.
- adj. Extremely tired
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaggy; rough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rough, coarse, thick, or unkempt: long and tangled; shaggy.
- Figuratively, covered with scrub, or with some scrubby growth; rugged; rough: as, shagged hillsides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a very rough nap or covered with hanging shags
From Old English sceacgede, from sceacga ("shag") (Wiktionary)
Origin uncertain. Perhaps related to fagged or to shag (Wiktionary)