from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, consisting of, or covered with wool.
- adj. Resembling wool.
- adj. Lacking sharp detail or clarity: woolly television reception.
- adj. Mentally or intellectually disorganized or unclear: woolly thinking.
- adj. Having the characteristics of the rough, generally lawless atmosphere of the American frontier: wild and woolly.
- n. A garment made of wool, especially an undergarment of knitted wool.
- n. Australian A sheep.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of wool.
- adj. Having a thick, soft texture, as if made of wool.
- adj. Of thinking, principles, etc, based on emotion rather than logic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of wool.
- adj. Resembling wool; of the nature of wool.
- adj. Clothed with wool.
- adj. Clothed with a fine, curly pubescence resembling wool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Con sisting of wool; fleecy: as, the woolly coat of the sheep, of a young seal, etc.
- Resembling wool; exhibiting woolliness; having the appearance of wool: as, woolly hair; woolly clouds.
- Clothed or covered with wool, or something like it; pubescent; flocculent.
- In hot., covered with a pubescence of long and soft hairs like wool; lanate; tomentose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments
- adj. having a fluffy character or appearance
- adj. covered with dense often matted or curly hairs
- adj. confused and vague; used especially of thinking
From wool + -y. (Wiktionary)