from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of woolly hairs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered in or composed of wooly hairs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Wooly; covered with fine long hair, or hairlike filaments.
- covered with dense often matted or curly hairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Woolly; covered with a substance resembling wool, as an animal, or the leaf or stem of a plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments
Latin lānātus, from lāna, wool.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)