from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with hair; hairy.
- adj. Botany Covered with stiff or coarse hairs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered in hair or bristles; hairy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rough with hair; set with bristles; shaggy.
- adj. Rough and coarse; boorish.
- adj. Pubescent with coarse or stiff hairs.
- adj. Covered with hairlike feathers, as the feet of certain birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hairy; shaggy.
- 2. Specifically, in zoology and botany, rough or bristling with hairs; having a thick covering of long and rather stiff hairs.
- Coarse; boorish; unmannerly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or covered with hair
Latin hirsūtus, hairy, bristly.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin hirsūtus ("shaggy, hairy"). (Wiktionary)