from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bearing fur.
- adj. Made, covered, or trimmed with fur.
- adj. Wearing fur garments.
- adj. Covered or coated as if with fur.
- adj. Provided with furring, as a wall, ceiling, or floor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of fur.
- adj. Having fur.
- adj. Made with fur.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. covered with a dense coat of fine silky hairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided or covered with fur or something resembling it: as, a furred robe; a furred tongue.
- Made or become thick and coarse, as vocal sounds.
- Fitted with a kind of partition made with furring-strips, as an outer wall of masonry. The lath and plaster work are secured to the furring-strips and so are not exposed to the dampness of the wall.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with a dense coat of fine silky hairs
Sorry, no etymologies found.