from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of pilose.
- adj. Of the nature of hair; consisting of hair; hairlike.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with fine hair; pilose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See pilose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Covered with hair; hairy; pilose.
- Consisting of hair; hair-like; piliform: as. a pilous covering. Also pileous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with hairs especially fine soft ones
From Latin pilōsus; see pilose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)