from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Having a coma; comate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bearing a tuft of soft hairs or down.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing a tuft of soft hairs or down, as the seeds of milkweed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hairy: comate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bearing a coma; crowned with an assemblage of branches or leaves or bracts
- adj. of certain seeds (such as cotton) having a tuft or tufts of hair
Latin comosus ("hairy"). (Wiktionary)