from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly Western U.S. A hill that rises abruptly from the surrounding area and has sloping sides and a flat top.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an isolated hill with steep sides and a flat top
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A detached low mountain, or high rising abruptly from the general level of the surrounding plain; -- applied to peculiar elevations in the Rocky Mountain region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hill that rises abruptly from the surrounding region; has a flat top and sloping sides
- n. a town in southwestern Montana; center for mining copper
French, from Old French butt, mound behind targets; see butt3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)