from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hill near the base of a mountain or mountain range.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hill at the base of a mountain or mountain range.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A low hill at the foot of higher hills or mountains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A distinct lower part of a mountain; one of the hills or minor elevations of a mountain range which lie next the valley and form the transitions between that and the higher portions: most commonly in the plural: as, the foot-hills of the Sierra Nevada.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a relatively low hill on the lower slope of a mountain
Sorry, no etymologies found.