from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with or consisting of feathers.
- adj. Resembling or suggestive of a feather, as in form or lightness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling feathers
- adj. covered with feathers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, feathers; covered with, or as with, feathers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Clothed or covered with feathers.
- Resembling feathers; light; airy; unsubstantial: as, the feathery spray; feathery clouds.
- In botany, same as plumose: applied to an awn or a bristle that is bordered with fine, soft hairs. Also feathered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or suggesting a feather or feathers
- adj. characterized by a covering of feathers
- adj. adorned with feathers or plumes
As far as the feathery biscuits are concerned, the word feathery says it all.
In 1973, a hailstorm in Arkansas encased ducks in so much ice they were described as feathery bowling balls.
We pulled a toothpick through the frosting to give the feathers a more "feathery" appearance.
At their distance from the shore it was impossible to make out the individual trees, but there seemed to be clumps of noble pines some distance in, and the valleys were made ornamental with some kind of feathery growth.
Obviously substituting in 150g of the more 'feathery' original Splenda would be out of the question.
Love these outfits very bright and colorful you're all fantastic at KH cosplay lovely riku wig it looks more feathery which is good and axel's spikes just get cooler and cooler; D xD
"It was a little thing that I was happy to do," said Mr. Koh, clad in feathery signature white, gesturing at the black-and-white watercolor, "Japan Love Storie."
The bird swooped down, and I stood, as if poised for a flight of my own, and watched its feathery gray body shoot upward.
Instead they are lighting and relighting their feathery bodies with the eternal green flame.
But flesh-tone frocks, pink-feathery explosions and appearing as though you're going to either a wedding or a funeral won't earn you high marks this time around.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.