from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with or consisting of feathers.
- adj. Resembling or suggestive of a feather, as in form or lightness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling feathers
- adj. covered with feathers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, feathers; covered with, or as with, feathers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Clothed or covered with feathers.
- Resembling feathers; light; airy; unsubstantial: as, the feathery spray; feathery clouds.
- In botany, same as plumose: applied to an awn or a bristle that is bordered with fine, soft hairs. Also feathered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or suggesting a feather or feathers
- adj. characterized by a covering of feathers
- adj. adorned with feathers or plumes
feather + -y (Wiktionary)