American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Abounding in or covered with snow: a snowy day.
- adj. Subject to snow: a snowy climate.
- adj. Resembling or suggesting snow, especially in whiteness: snowy linens.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with snow; covered with snow.
- White like snow; niveous.
- White; pure; spotless; unblemished.
- adj. Covered with snow.
- adj. Resembling snow.
- adj. When snow is falling.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. White like snow.
- adj. Abounding with snow; covered with snow.
- adj. Fig.: Pure; unblemished; unstained; spotless.
- adj. of the white color of snow
- adj. covered with snow
- adj. marked by the presence of snow
- Old English snāwiġ, corresponding to snow + -y. (Wiktionary)
“The fact that it all happened in snowy futuristic Moscow genuinely surprised me, and as a Russian, I'd love it if they kept it this way. edcedc8 me too, but expect chicago. ben”
“Back off from tailgating, especially in snowy, wet, slippery conditions.”
“My grandmother died in snowy Utah last year too, and I still miss her.”
“As the cold weather hits, people in snowy climes should consider winter tires.”
“And when the Housewives whispered about "rumors" regarding the Salahis, it was actually transpiring in snowy December, after the White House incident -- and after the media stories that revealed their financial morass -- none of which had happened yet in the show's murky chronology.”
“Moss and linebackers Derrick Burgess, Gary Guyton and Adalius Thomas were sent home after arriving late for an 8 a.m. meeting in snowy conditions.”
“So can I now show you my failed queries binders form my short story collection about growing up playing D&D with an alcohophile sport jock father and a esoteric bipolar mom in snowy Montreal?”
“Many of you out there are in snowy places right now, but perhaps none so beautiful as these spectacular ice caves (if you are in an ice cave or something like, I stand corrected!)”
“When hunting with a rifle in snowy weather, place a piece of electrical tape over the muzzle.”
“It was a memorable day regardless in snowy and cold Happy Valley.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘snowy’.
Environmental Ice and Snow
(excluding all the food ice)
My Favourite Kind
Adjectives used in actual (non-taxonomic) bird names, past and present.
A complement to Chromonyms and Chromonyms 2, which are restricted to nouns that have appeared in at least one dictionary. If a word can be either a noun or an adjective, I list it as a noun. This l...
Looking for tweets for snowy.