from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Abounding in or covered with snow: a snowy day.
- adj. Subject to snow: a snowy climate.
- adj. Resembling or suggesting snow, especially in whiteness: snowy linens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with snow.
- adj. Resembling snow.
- adj. When snow is falling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. White like snow.
- adj. Abounding with snow; covered with snow.
- adj. Fig.: Pure; unblemished; unstained; spotless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with snow; covered with snow.
- White like snow; niveous.
- White; pure; spotless; unblemished.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the white color of snow
- adj. covered with snow
- adj. marked by the presence of snow
Old English snāwiġ, corresponding to snow + -y. (Wiktionary)