from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having frost present; frosty
- adj. Appearing to have frost
- adj. Extremely intoxicated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with hoarfrost or anything resembling hoarfrost; ornamented with frosting; also, frost-bitten.
- adj. Provided with a surface finish which is matte or with a very fine grain, reminiscent of the surface texture of frost. Opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Covered with frost or with something resembling it: as, frosted cake. See frosting.
- Having the surface roughened or unpolished; in decorated metalwork, ornamented by means of a roughened surface, whether engraved or produced by acid or by the application of a punch or die: said especially of any material which is white or nearly so when so treated: as, frosted glass, frosted silver, etc.
- In entomology, covered with glistening or white specks, scales, or hairs, giving an appearance like hoar frost: as, the wings of a moth frosted at the tip.
- In ornithology, having the plumage hoary or silvery, as if covered with frost: as, the frosted poorwill (a variety of Phalænoptilus nuttalli found in southwestern parts of the United States).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of glass) having a roughened coating resembling frost
Sorry, no etymologies found.