from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of or containing chalk.
- adj. Resembling chalk in any way.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or resembling, chalk; containing chalk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or containing chalk: as, “thy chalky cliffs,”
- Resembling chalk in any way: as, a chalky taste; a chalky fracture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of something having the color of chalk
- adj. composed of or containing or resembling calcium carbonate or calcite or chalk
Sorry, no etymologies found.