from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of or covered with scaly particles, such as dandruff.
- adj. Relating to or resembling bran.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of bran.
- adj. Resembling bran; having or characterised by small flakes that resemble bran; resembling dandruff.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of bran; like bran; scurfy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made of or resembling bran.
- Scaly; scurfy.
- In botany, coated with bran-like particles; scurfy.
Late Latin furfurāceus, branlike, scaly : Latin furfur, bran + Latin -āceus, -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin furfur ("bran") + English -aceous. (Wiktionary)