from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with small, scurfy scales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a coat of scurfy scales.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a coat of scurfy scales, as the leaves of the oleaster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, covered with scurfy scales of scaly spots; leprous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rough to the touch; covered with scales or scurf
Greek lepidōtos, scaly, from lepis, lepid-, scale.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek λεπιδωτός (lepidōtos, "covered with scales"). (Wiktionary)