from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of or similar to powder.
- adj. Dusted or covered with or as if with powder.
- adj. Easily made into powder; friable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to powder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Easily crumbling to pieces; friable; loose.
- adj. Sprinkled or covered with powder; dusty.
- adj. Resembling powder; consisting of powder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the form of powder; resembling powder in the fineness of its particles; pulverulent.
- Sprinkled or covered with powder; specifically, in botany and zoology, covered with a fine bloom or meal resembling powder; powdered; farinose.
- Friable; easily reduced to powder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. as if dulled in color with a sprinkling of powder
- adj. consisting of fine particles
Sorry, no etymologies found.