from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Readily crumbled; brittle: friable asbestos insulation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Easily broken into small fragments, crumbled, or reduced to powder.
- adj. Loose and large-grained in consistency.
- adj. Likely to crumble and become airborne, thus becoming a health risk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Easily crumbled, pulverized, or reduced to powder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Easily crumbled or pulverized; easily reduced to powder, as pumice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. easily broken into small fragments or reduced to powder
Latin friābilis, from friāre, to crumble.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin friābilis, from friō ("to crumble"). (Wiktionary)