American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Composed or appearing to be composed of granules or grains.
- adj. Having a grainy texture.
- adj. Biology Containing granules: granular cells.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of, containing, or bearing grains or granules; resembling grains or granules. Also granulose, granulous.
- adj. Consisting of, or resembling, granules or grains; as, a granular substance. Grainy. Granular limestone, crystalline limestone, or marble, having a granular structure.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Consisting of, or resembling, grains.
- adj. having a granular structure like that of chondrites
- adj. composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency
- From granule + -ar. Compare French granulaire. (Wiktionary)
“While RichCopy specialises in granular control over things like file names and attributes, CopyHandler allows you to get as picky as setting custom buffer sizes based on whether a file is being copied to the same physical disk, disk to disk, disk to optical drive, and so forth.”
“Bob Somerby has catalogued in granular detail the press 'hatred of the Clintons, a hatred which was then transferred to Gore in 2000.”
“Yesterday he went on for about 10 minutes straight, in granular detail, citing all the numbers of buses, people, and provisions that are coming into New Orleans to help with evacuation and post-storm relief.”
“(* Mordant chortle*) I'd LOVE to hear her delineate in granular detail the protectionist measures she thinks might be necessary.”
“None of their other variations in granular or packet form contain lactose, and I checked several other competitors and found no lactose there either.”
“The first tier of the brick wall of the squamous cells is called the granular layer, where the soft keratin of the skin is made as opposed to the hard keratin of nails and hair.”
“Looking down I saw grass rendered in granular detail; looking up I saw skies swept with feathery clouds; all around me I found innumerable creatures and towns and terrains.”
“Looking down I saw grass rendered in granular detail; looking up I saw skies swept with feathery clouds ….”
“Normally a series of these spaces is found toward the outer surface of the dentin, where they form a layer which is sometimes known as the granular layer.”
“He tells CEOs to go "granular" - be aware 24/7 of their companies 'cash position and customers' needs”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘granular’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
Good for poetry, or just artistic on their own.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
List of terms used in the study and classification of pollen and spores - both fossil and modern.
Some words I hear too often.
GRE , GMAT , TOEFL , IELTS , SAT 。。。
a list of the words i HAVE to know..
Looking for tweets for granular.