from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of granulate.
- adj. Formed into, or composed of granules
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or resembling grains.
- Having small and even elevations resembling grains: as, granulated leather; the granulated root of a plant, as Saxifraga granulata.
- In ceramics, decorated with color in spots, or mottled. See soufflé.
- In pathology: Having little grain-like fleshy bodies filling up the cavities, as ulcers and suppurating wounds.
- Characterized by the presence of small grain-like bodies: as, a granulated liver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made grainy or formed into granules
Sorry, no etymologies found.