from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of granulate.
- adj. Formed into, or composed of granules
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or resembling grains.
- Having small and even elevations resembling grains: as, granulated leather; the granulated root of a plant, as Saxifraga granulata.
- In ceramics, decorated with color in spots, or mottled. See soufflé.
- In pathology: Having little grain-like fleshy bodies filling up the cavities, as ulcers and suppurating wounds.
- Characterized by the presence of small grain-like bodies: as, a granulated liver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made grainy or formed into granules
Sorry, no etymologies found.
First roll the ball of dough in granulated sugar ...
In small batches, toss the damp spruce tips in granulated sugar to coat and spread the candied spruce tips out on waxed paper to dry.
You can roll the strips in granulated sugar or leave them plain, to use in cakes and breads, cookies, or to dip in chocolate.
Roll in granulated sugar to coat and place, about 2 inches apart, on parchment paper-lined or greased rimless baking sheets.
In bowl, beat butter with shortening; gradually beat in granulated sugar and brown sugars until smooth.
When melted and poured into water it forms thin brittle flakes, and in this condition is called granulated or mossy zinc.
It may rather be described as granulated or mottled.
What are identified as granulated or SEPARATE issues - need to be seen in a holistic or WHOLE way!
Dingman's Dairy is recalling granulated peanuts and Soft Dk. Peanut Splits because the products could be contaminated with salmonella.
The recalled granulated peanuts were distributed to retail stores in New Jersey,
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.