from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, consisting of, or resembling fibers.
- adj. Full of sinews; tough.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to fibre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing, or consisting of, fibers
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or consisting of fibers; having the character of fibers. Also fibrose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or resembling fibers especially fibers used in making cordage such as those of jute
- adj. (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew
Sorry, no etymologies found.