from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of or resembling fibrous tissue.
- n. A fibroma or myoma occurring especially in the uterine wall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A benign tumour of the uterus that is comprised of either fibrous connective tissue or muscle.
- n. A fibroma.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling or forming fibrous tissue; made up of fibers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling, containing, or taking the form of fiber; fibrous: as, a fibroid tumor.
- n. In pathology: A fibroma.
- n. A leiomyoma.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. benign tumor containing fibrous tissue (especially in the uterus)
Sorry, no etymologies found.