from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no opening; not perforated.
- adj. Not separated by rows of perforations: imperforate sheets of stamps.
- adj. Medicine Lacking a normal opening: an imperforate anus.
- n. An imperforate stamp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not perforated.
- n. A postage stamp that has not been perforated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not perforated; having no opening or aperture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not perforated; having no perforations, foramina, or pores; atresial; in zoology, specifically, of or pertaining to the Imperforata.
- As applied to the shells of the gastropod Mollusca, having the inner parts of the whorls coalesced into a columella leaving no opening or perforation. In the Echinoidea, or sea-urchins, the mamelons which support the spines are imperforate when not pierced by a central foramen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not perforated; having no opening
Sorry, no etymologies found.