from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Forming or consisting of wood; ligneous: woody tissue.
- adj. Marked by the presence of wood or xylem: woody plants.
- adj. Characteristic or suggestive of wood: a woody smell.
- adj. Abounding in trees; wooded.
- n. A station wagon with exterior wood paneling.
- n. Vulgar Slang An erection of the penis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered in woods; wooded.
- adj. Belonging to the woods; sylvan.
- adj. Made of wood, or having wood-like properties.
- adj. Non-herbaceous.
- adj. Lignified: "the woody parts of a plant".
- n. A station wagon that has a retro wooden exterior, often associated with Southern California surfing culture.
- n. an erection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with wood or woods.
- adj. Consisting of, or containing, wood or woody fiber; ligneous.
- adj. Of or pertaining to woods; sylvan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding with wood; wooded: as, woody land; a woody region.
- Pertaining or belonging to the woods; dwelling or situated in the woods; peculiar to a wood or forest; sylvan; woodland; woodsy.
- Consisting of or containing wood; ligneous: as, the woody parts of plants.
- Peculiar to or characteristic of wood: as, a woody scent or flavor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made hard like wood as the result of the deposition of lignin in the cell walls
- adj. made of or containing or resembling wood
- adj. abounding in trees
wood + -y (Wiktionary)