from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of or covered with thorns.
- adj. Spiny.
- adj. Painfully controversial; vexatious: a thorny situation; thorny issues.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having thorns or spines
- adj. troublesome or vexatious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of thorns or spines; rough with thorns; spiny.
- adj. Like a thorn or thorns; hence, figuratively, troublesome; vexatious; harassing; perplexing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding in or covered with thorns; producing thorns; prickly; spiny.
- Characteristic of or resembling a thorn; sharp; irritating; painful.
- In zoology, spinous; prickly; echinate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bristling with perplexities
- adj. having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.