from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sharpen to a point.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with, or having, spicules.
- adj. Covered with minute spiculæ, or pointed fleshy appendages; divided into small spikelets.
- transitive v. To sharpen to a point.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sharpen to a point.
- In zoology, sharp-pointed; spicate.
- Covered with or divided into fine points.
- To cover with or stick full with fine points, darts, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.