from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or requiring toil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. requiring continuous physical effort; laborious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Attended with toil, or fatigue and pain; laborious; wearisome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Attended with toil; demanding or compelling toil; laborious; fatiguing.
- Synonyms Onerous, tedious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort
Sorry, no etymologies found.