from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Requiring great effort, energy, or exertion: a strenuous task.
- adj. Vigorously active; energetic or zealous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Urgent, ardent, zealous.
- adj. Requiring great exertion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eagerly pressing or urgent; zealous; ardent; earnest; bold; valiant; intrepid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Strong; vigorous; active; pushing.
- Eagerly pressing or urgent; energetic; zealous; ardent; bold; earnest; valiant; intrepid.
- Necessitating vigor or energy; accompanied by labor or exertion.
- Synonyms and Energetic, resolute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. taxing to the utmost; testing powers of endurance
- adj. characterized by or performed with much energy or force
From Latin strēnuus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin strenuus ("quick"). (Wiktionary)