American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued; tireless. See Synonyms at tireless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not defatigable; incapable of being fatigued; not easily exhausted; not yielding to fatigue; unremitting in labor or effort.
- Synonyms Unwearied, untiring, tireless, unflagging, persevering, assiduous, persistent, sedulous.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Incapable of being fatigued; not readily exhausted; unremitting in labor or effort; untiring; unwearying; not yielding to fatigue.
- adj. showing sustained enthusiastic action with unflagging vitality
- From Latin indēfatīgābilis ("untiring"), from in- ("not") + de- ("away") + fatīgō ("I tire"). (Wiktionary)
- Obsolete French indéfatigable, from Latin indēfatīgābilis : in-, not; see in-1 + dēfatīgāre, to tire out (dē-, intensive pref.; see de- + fatīgāre, to weary). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Armstrong had long been known as an indefatigable spear-carrier for Harry Chandler, but at this moment he seemed unaware that the wind had shifted at Times headquarters.”
“I thought that, according to George Galloway, only certain Middle Eastern dictators could be termed indefatigable?”
“Larsen: If you're ADD and you still have a kind of indefatigable creative drive ...”
“Could he ever overshadow the 'indefatigable' moment with Saddam Hussein?”
“Officers generally understand by the words "indefatigable," and”
“In his first words to the press on Tuesday from the Florencia airport in Colombia, Moncayo thanked the "indefatigable" Senator Cordoba, Colombians for Peace, the Catholic Church, and the International Red Cross.”
“WASHINGTON, Aug 26 (OneWorld. net) - Eighty-nine years after U.S. women finally won the right to vote, advocacy groups are pressing the Obama administration to promote women's equality worldwide and paying tribute to an "indefatigable" champion of women's rights, Senator Edward M. Kennedy.”
“It hath a kind of indefatigable firmness in it, it hath an unwearied strength to move in the yoke all the day long.”
“Byron testifies (September 14, 1817) that his researches were "indefatigable," that he had "more real knowledge of”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘indefatigable’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Just a list of words that make me happy in some little way.
I enjoy collecting words, for I have no fear of them ever running out.
Words from the new GRE : This list consists mostly of words from the book Magoosh-GRE-vocab-ebook, which is one of the best vocab materials available, especially if you have started preparing one ...
Looking for tweets for indefatigable.