from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Stubbornly persevering; tenacious. See Synonyms at obstinate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of dog.
- adj. Stubbornly persevering, steadfast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sullen; morose.
- adj. Sullenly obstinate; obstinately determined or persistent
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the meaner qualities of a dog; malicious; mean; contemptible; surly.
- Having the pertinacity of a dog; silently obstinate; unyielding.
- Synonyms Stubborn, mulish, inflexible, headstrong.
- Very: as, a dogged mean trick.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. stubbornly unyielding
From the verb to dog. (Wiktionary)
From Middle English, characteristics similar to that of a dog. (Wiktionary)