from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of fret.
- adj. (of a musical instrument) Having frets.
- adj. decorated with fretwork
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Rubbed or worn away; chafed.
- Agitated; vexed; worried.
- Ornamented with fretwork; furnished with frets; variegated; made rough on the surface.
- Interlaced one with another; -- said of charges and ordinaries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Adorned with frets or fretwork; exhibiting sunk or raised ornamentation in rectangular forms; having many intersecting groins or ribs.
- In heraldry, interlaced one with another: said of any charges which can be so combined: as, a chevron fretted with a bar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a pattern of fretwork or latticework
- adj. having frets
Sorry, no etymologies found.