from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Irritated, distressed, or annoyed: greatly vexed by their behavior; the vexed parents of an unruly teenager.
- adj. Much discussed or debated: a vexed question.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. annoyed, irritated or distressed
- adj. much debated, discussed or disputed
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of vex.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Annoyed; harassed; troubled.
- adj. Much debated or contested; causing discussion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. troubled persistently especially with petty annoyances
- adj. causing difficulty in finding an answer or solution; much disputed
Sorry, no etymologies found.