from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing signs or symptoms of mental or emotional illness: crimes that could only be committed by a disturbed person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing symptoms of mental illness, severe psychosis, or neurosis.
- adj. Extremely surprised; shocked.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of disturb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affected with madness or insanity
- adj. emotionally unstable and having difficulty coping with personal relationships
- adj. having the place or position changed
- adj. afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
Sorry, no etymologies found.