from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be certified: a certifiable fact; certifiable data.
- adj. Fit to be declared insane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That can, or that must be certified.
- adj. Mentally ill to such an extent that involuntary institutionalization is appropriate; crazy.
- n. A crazy person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. presenting symptoms of mental illness sufficient for legal commitment to a mental institution.
- adj. capable of being guaranteed or certified: a certifiable fact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being certified or attested: as, certifiable results.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fit to be certified as insane (and treated accordingly)
- adj. capable of being guaranteed or certified
certify + -able (Wiktionary)