from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Eccentric; crazy.
- adj. Slang Ludicrously odd, unlikely, or inappropriate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Crazy; silly; ridiculous; insane; demented; unreasonable.
- adj. Tipsy; slightly drunk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tortuous, like the thread or motion of a screw: as, a screwy motion.
- Exacting; close; stingy; mean; oppressive.
- Worn out; worthless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not behaving normally
1820, original meaning “tipsy, slightly drunk;” meaning “crazy, ridiculous” first recorded 1887. (Wiktionary)