from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exhilarated or stupefied by or as if by alcohol; intoxicated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Behaving as though affected by alcohol including exhilaration, and a dumbed or stupefied manner.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of inebriate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. under the influence of alcohol; intoxicated; drunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol)
From Latin inebriatus, past participle of inebriare ("to intoxicate"), from ēbrius ("drunk") (Wiktionary)