American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of an orgy.
- adj. Arousing or causing unrestrained emotion; frenzied.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of the orgies or mystic festivities of the ancient Greeks, Phrygians, etc., especially those in honor of Bacchus or of Cybele; characterized by or consisting in wild, unnatural, impure, or cruel revelry; frantically enthusiastic: as, orgiastic rites; orgiastic worship. See orgy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, orgies.
- adj. used of riotously drunken merrymaking
- adj. used of frenzied sexual activity
- Greek orgiastikos, from orgiastēs, celebrant of orgies, from orgiazein, to celebrate orgies, from orgia, orgies; see orgy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Aka, how do I get you to make me screaming in orgiastic frenzy?”
“He spent the remainder of his last evening in orgiastic dissipation, for which I don’t blame him.”
“Seriously, does anyone remember this kind of orgiastic response over election results?”
“Seriously, does anyone remember this kind of orgiastic response over el ...”
“Modern Architecture Uninhibited," he scoffed, Googie was "orgiastic" and "organic," a more-is-better modern art in which anything goes, even at the risk of incoherence.”
“Now until she gets caught on film in some kind of orgiastic foray into the vast sexual unknown for fun and profit she has plenty of conservative cred in the minds of the average Californian.”
“San Francisco, California - Conservative groups confront SF mayor for "orgiastic”
“The waiter got to me before Felis did, and he recommended the Ubiquitous Flan (my new band name!) with orgiastic eye-rolling.”
“Ong's desire to raise social awareness in a media orgiastic society is in stark (and fascinating) contrast with his father's desire to express discontent with the tyrannical government, a rebelliousness that ended with him being taken from his family when Ong was a boy.”
“To reel out the tension—hers and his—to orgiastic lengths.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘orgiastic’.
Those words that will inevitable end up in a Slam Poem
feel free to challenge me!:)
Words that are new to me.
cool mint antiseptic
Words gathered while reading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
A somewhat discriminatory list of words and phrases collected for their euphonic or arcane appeal, interesting etymology, or concise definition of an otherwise unnamed phenomenon or concept.
Looking for tweets for orgiastic.