from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being overly concerned with material possessions and wealth.
- adj. Of or concerning philosophical materialism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to materialism or materialists; of the nature of materialism.
- adj. Primarily concerned with material objects and worldly activities, as contrasted with spiritual, moral or philosophical concerns; especially, concerned primarily with gaining money and the things that money can buy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, of the nature of, or characterized by materialism, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by materialism
- adj. conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class
Sorry, no etymologies found.