from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the future.
- adj. Of, characterized by, or expressing a vision of the future: futuristic decor.
- adj. Being ahead of the times; innovative or revolutionary: futuristic computer software.
- adj. Of or relating to futurism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of technology, a concept, etc, advanced so far beyond that which is current as to appear to be from the future.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to futurism
From future + -istic. (Wiktionary)