from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An adherent to the principles of the artistic movement of futurism.
- n. One who studies and predicts possible futures.
- adj. In the style of futurism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose chief interests are in what is to come; one who anxiously, eagerly, or confidently looks forward to the future; an expectant.
- n. One who believes or maintains that the fulfillment of the prophecies of the Bible is to be in the future.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has regard to the future; one whose main interest lies in the future; an expectant.
- n. In theology, one who holds that nearly the whole of the Book of Revelation refers principally to events yet to come.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who predicts the future
- adj. of or relating to futurism
- n. a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) will be fulfilled in the future
Sorry, no etymologies found.