from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is learned in theology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who studies theology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person well versed in theology; a professor of theology or divinity; a divine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man skilled in theology, especially Christian theology; a divine.
- n. A professor of or writer on theology; any person versed in theology; as, the lawyer was a very respectable theologian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is learned in theology or who speculates about theology
theology + -an (Wiktionary)