American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A broadcaster or writer who reports and analyzes events in the news.
- n. One who writes or delivers a commentary or commentaries.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes comments or critical and expository notes upon a book or other writing; an expositor; an annotator.
- n. A person who comments; especially someone who is paid to give his/her opinions in the media about current affairs, sports, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who writes a commentary or comments; an expositor; an annotator.
- n. an expert who observes and comments on something
- n. a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day
“I don't know who this commentator is (other than the guy that takes over for espn3 in the evening in Paris), but this is what happens when you're commentating on a match you don't care about and you're all alone in the booth.”
“I agree that our average commentator is somewhere between 16 and 20 years old.”
“I wonder if that sports commentator is related to Senator Feinstein?”
“Second; The Statistics about these types of sites confirm that the average commentator is a white middle class male.”
“In it, he argued that the role of the artist as a critic and commentator is as important as that of the politician.”
“I remember the state of the economy when Gordon Brown took over ... he has turned the .. around ... no economic commentator is predicting that our economy will shrink" REALLY!”
“The most remarkable commentator is Jeannette Parmenter, the daughter of one of the men whose murder was blamed on Sacco and Vanzetti.”
“One prominent conservative commentator is blaming the fact that Virginia Tech is a "gun-free zone;" apparently this could have all been prevented if everybody on campus was allowed to pack heat.”
“The commentator is extremely irritating so do lower down the volume. 1 videoclip after the jump.”
“And, since the commission, under the procedure of its own devising, is by no means obliged to change any of its proposals once it has "taken into account" any comments, one commentator from the Ind-Dem group – which funds EU Observer - remarked that this is simply another opportunity to be ignored.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘commentator’.
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for commentator.