from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that decodes.
- n. A device that decodes a scrambled electronic signal to make it interpretable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who decodes secret messages
- n. A device that decodes a scrambled electronic signal e.g. of a satellite television signal
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the kind of intellectual who converts messages from a code to plain text
- n. a machine that converts a coded text into ordinary language
to decode + -er (Wiktionary)