from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A computer program that transfers data from offline memory into internal storage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of load; a person or device that loads.
- n. A program that prepares other programs for execution.
- n. A tractor with a scoop, for example: bucket loader, front-end loader, wheel loader, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, loads; a mechanical contrivance for loading, as a gun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which loads: as, a truck-loader.
- n. A red-finned herring.
- n. A term in dicing, of uncertain meaning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attendant who loads guns for someone shooting game
- n. a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
to load + -er (Wiktionary)