American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A computer program that transfers data from offline memory into internal storage.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which loads: as, a truck-loader. Specifically— A little machine for loading shells or cartridges for a breech-loading shot-gun; a loading-machine.
- n. A red-finned herring.
- n. A term in dicing, of uncertain meaning.
- n. Agent noun of load; a person or device that loads.
- n. computing A program that prepares other programs for execution.
- n. A tractor with a scoop, for example: bucket loader, front-end loader, wheel loader, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, loads; a mechanical contrivance for loading, as a gun.
- n. an attendant who loads guns for someone shooting game
- n. a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
- to load + -er (Wiktionary)
“Assuming the lazy loader class name was LazyMixin and I set up the inheritance correctly, I could get at the real loader from within the module proxy with super (LazyMixin, self. __loader__).”
“The following truck loader is one of the biggest in the world – lenth 13.36 meters, width 7.78 meters and height 6.65 meters.”
“Not only are the prices of ammo supplies going up, we have idiots in NYC uisng it all up before the average hand loader is going to get to the stuff.”
“The advantage to having an official release of a boot loader is that it will not allow the console to run pirated software.”
“This is already a problem with our old front loader, which isn't as deep and has a smaller door.”
“Eleven spent rifle shells on the floor of Avery ` s garage is another thing that prosecutors and police have talked about, and there was apparently also blood on the floor of the garage, a. 22-caliber semi-automatic rifle and a. 50-caliber black powder muzzle loader, which is originally the reason he was - ...”
“The loader is the rare observer and he observes on the left side of the tank.”
“(a week) but have discovered so far that my use of insulin pens for years has made it much easier for me to use an infusion set that does not have the 'loader' - I am more certain inserting manually and it is, for me, much easier.”
“To loop in the Mac community, Microsoft will be offering a Mac-compatible music side-loader -- in other words, it won't be a true, native Zune client and you won't be able to use it to shop for music, but it'll happily connect to iTunes and sync your non-DRM collection.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘loader’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Looking for tweets for loader.