from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that launches, as:
- n. A rifle attachment for firing grenades.
- n. A device, such as an attached tube or a portable unit, for firing rockets.
- n. An aircraft catapult.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which or who launches. A device which throws something or the person who initiates a launch.
- n. application that holds icons or menus for frequently used programs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a device capable of launching a rocket.
- n. A device which launches aircraft from an aircraft carrier; -- it provides additional velocity to the airplane, to supplement that from the airplane's engines, so that the airplane rapidly achieves a velocity sufficient to sustain it in flight when taking off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. armament in the form of a device capable of launching a rocket
- n. a device that launches aircraft from a warship
launch + -er (Wiktionary)