American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that launches, as:
- n. A rifle attachment for firing grenades.
- n. A device, such as an attached tube or a portable unit, for firing rockets.
- n. An aircraft catapult.
- n. That which or who launches. A device which throws something or the person who initiates a launch.
- n. application that holds icons or menus for frequently used programs
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a device capable of launching a rocket.
- n. A device which launches aircraft from an aircraft carrier; -- it provides additional velocity to the airplane, to supplement that from the airplane's engines, so that the airplane rapidly achieves a velocity sufficient to sustain it in flight when taking off.
- launch + -er (Wiktionary)
“The new mobile launcher is already being built and one of the pads already have new lightning towers for Constellation.”
“Developing a new, non-commercial launcher is going to keep failing because of simple economics.”
“The development cost of that heavy launcher is sunk. primarily thanks to its far better Russian engines”
“If NASA was wrong and a COTS EELV crew launcher is safer and cheaper let's see the analysis.”
“I also agree that the recovery of the first stage of the Ares I launcher is a bit overboard.”
“It can be developed in parallel with Shuttle while the Shuttle phases out and a new EELV or COTS-based crewed launcher is phased in.”
“So little or no cost savings there, and possibly even a cost increase, since the Ares I mobile launcher is already under construction.”
“If available, any grenade launcher is widely popular!”
“But no matter how the power play is controlled, Gonchar will be the rocket launcher from the point.”
“The M136 AT4 launcher is used by the Army to destroy light tanks.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘launcher’.
ammunition, anti-aircraft mac..., anti-vehicle mine, automatic machine..., ballistic missile..., bazooka, biological weapons, booby trap, bunker-busting bomb, chemical weapons, cluster bomb, light battleship and 218 more...
Looking for tweets for launcher.