from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A firearm designed to be held and fired with one hand.
- transitive v. To shoot with such a handgun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A handgun, typically with a chamber integrated in the barrel, a semi-automatic action and a box magazine.
- n. The mechanical component of a fuse in a bomb or torpedo responsible for firing the detonator.
- n. A creative and unpredictable jokester, a constant source of entertainment and surprises.
- n. A small boy who is bright, alert and very active.
- n. A play formation in which the quarterback is a few feet behind the center when the ball is snapped, but closer than in a shotgun formation, with a running back a few feet behind him.
- v. To shoot (at) a target with a pistol.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The smallest firearm used, intended to be fired from one hand, -- now of many patterns, and bearing a great variety of names. See Illust. of revolver.
- transitive v. To shoot with a pistol.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shoot with a pistol.
- n. A firearm intended to be held in one hand when aimed and fired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a firearm that is held and fired with one hand
Still, a pistol is a little on the light side for a grizzly.
Looking for info on magazines and if this pistol is a clone of the Colt Off | Field & Stream
Looking for info on magazines and if this pistol is a clone of the Colt Officers
He told the crowd that he was originally inspired to write "Devil's Right Hand" - chorus: "Mama says a pistol is the devil's right hand!"
Looking for info on magazines and if this pistol is a clone of the Colt Off ive decided between either hornady, winchester silvertips, or barnes triple shock for elk. thanks for all the help guys, but which
Now when we are training the pups on pen raised birds, a fire from the pistol is the reward for the dog.
Looking for info on magazines and if this pistol is a clone of the Colt Off
Looking for info on magazines and if this pistol is a clone of the Colt Officers from folson on 02.07.10
The writer cannot say, "You know what I mean," when he mentions a laser handgun, even though he could simply use the word pistol in a western or detective story and the reader would instantly know what he meant.
But the doctors shake their heads at the word pistol-shot, though they refuse to explain themselves or to express any opinion till the wound has been probed.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.