American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To cause to burn to ashes.
- v. To burn completely.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To burn to ashes.
- Burnt to ashes.
- To be reduced to ashes by the burning off of organic matter.
GNU Webster's 1913
- obsolete Reduced to ashes by burning; thoroughly consumed by fire.
- v. To burn to ashes; to consume by fire; to burn.
- v. become reduced to ashes
- v. cause to undergo combustion
- From Latin incinerātus, perfect participle of incinerō. (Wiktionary)
- Medieval Latin incinerāre, incinerāt- : Latin in-, causative pref.; see in-2 + Latin cinis, ciner-, ashes. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Till the Chair gave out "incinerate," and Brown said he'd be durned”
“incinerate" the inventory of junk left over from all those URANIUM FISSION DINOSAURS!”
“Privately, they concede it's ludicrous that God would incinerate those who seek divine truth according to whatever light is available to them; they leave plenty of room for Gandhi and the good Samaritan and the humble tax collector and the strong-willed Roman centurion to achieve "eternal life," whether or not they knew to "confess Jesus of Nazareth as sole lord and savior.”
“In a seemingly unprovoked attack, the protoss incinerate the terran planet Chau Sara, drawing the ire of the Confederacy.”
“These facilities gather and incinerate solid waste from wastewater-treatment plants all over the city.”
“The take-back program, Ausiello said, gave federal authorities a chance to collect and then incinerate the drugs.”
“We will not fall, but rise in blaze of loss and call, and fly into our births and cry inferno, aye, incinerate your lie. posted by Hal Duncan | 12: 49 AM”
“Once they are all here then we can get Dick "DARTH VADER" Cheney from some undisclosed location around Washington, DC to push the little red button and incinerate this country.”
“But the ominous warnings that you must obliterate, incinerate, and forget any email not intended for you don't actually mean anything, according to legal experts.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘incinerate’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words describing or related to fire.
ones I already liked
Words that I use regularly and consider mine.
Looking for tweets for incinerate.