from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To convert or be converted into vapor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Turn into vapour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into vapor, as by the application of heat, whether naturally or artificially.
- intransitive v. To pass off in vapor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert into vapor by the application of heat or by artificial means; cause to evaporate; sublimate.
- To affect with the vapors; render splenetic or hypochondriacal.
- To pass off in vapor: as, sulphur or mercury vaporizes under certain conditions.
- Also spelled vaporise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn into gas
- v. lose or cause to lose liquid by vaporization leaving a more concentrated residue
- v. decrease rapidly and disappear
- v. kill with or as if with a burst of gunfire or electric current or as if by shooting
Sorry, no etymologies found.