from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To treat, combine, or infuse with oxygen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To treat or infuse with oxygen
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To unite, or cause to combine, with oxygen; to treat with oxygen; to oxidize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To mix with oxygen; impregnate or saturate with oxygen: as, the blood is oxygenated in the lungs.
- Same as oxidate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. impregnate, combine, or supply with oxygen
oxygen + -ate (Wiktionary)